Sunday 23 September 2012

Money-bags, Ministers of God pester me with sex –Tope Alabi

Tope Alabi is a pioneer of some sort in the contemporary Yoruba
gospel movement. Together with other gospel practitioners they have
"pushed the envelope" in redefining the boundaries of Gospel, by
blurring its ties to circular soundtracks. Make no mistake; God is
present in every song this beautiful wife and mother produce.

From the groundbreaking success of nine albums to how she manages her
male fans. The chat with EDIALE KINGSLEY is anything but boring.

WE are coming to another album launch, how has it beenso far? And the
journey to this particular album, how has it been?

I bless the name of the lord, for giving me this opportunity, for
taking me from mere clay to where I am today, I bless his holy name,
this is the 9th album, and this is not a launching, this is an
unveiling, we just want to unveil it, nobody is going to launch,

everybody is just going to pick their own, just give anything you
like, even #500 is not small, even 200naria is not too small, I just
want to bless God for taking me this far, it has been so
rough, tough and I have experienced a lot of things, turbulence,
if I can say, but yet bless the name of God, for making me stand up to
this present time.


Who writes your music?

God, He dictates for me, while write down.

How do you get inspiration?

It is God, God gives me the inspiration, and this is what I want to
tell my people this time around, like this Agbelebu, God gave me the
title. There is no way that I would write that God won't tell me the
title, I pray and do fasting; wait for God to talk, at times I would
be in the rest room, he will be talking to me, at times I would be
sleeping he would wake me up.


You look quite astonishing, you look young and beautiful, and do you
get people coming to pester you for arelationship?

There are some of them that wants to get to you by all means,whether
you want it or not, but when they get to me, they use tosee am not
that kind of person, they will now become a memberof my church. The
relationship is usually as if I have a churchand they are members, so
that's what they become. Among themare a lot of money bags, they help
my ministry now, they see meas prophetess, some of them even call me
pastor, even there are ministers of God that pester me and say they
want to get to me,but when they get to me and they see I'm not like
that, they change, you are there to change life.