Saturday 22 September 2012

NOLLYWOOD: “I WILL NEVER WISH MY NDLEA ORDEAL FOR MY ENEMIES” – BABA SUWE

The comedian who also lost his darling wife and partner barely over a
year ago, in a phone chat with HVP  admitted the experience was one of
the most trying times in his life as he was left confused and
devastated.

He said he would never forget the experience and prayed that even his
enemies should not have to go through what he went through.

"My brother, this is not something I prayed for, even for my enemies.
It is something I hate talking about but I thank God for absolving me
of the alleged act" he said. In the same vein, the comedian, also
confirmed the story making rounds that he is set to go on the big
screen to tell the story of his incarceration by NDLEA but said  he
hasn't said any real work on the movie.

He said: "There is a film I am working on right now but whether I plan
to do a movie on that matter, I will say yes. Maybe in the future
though many people have contacted me to do a movie but I am still
taking my time and God's  willing, I shall visit that matter as soon
as I can get myself together."

Baba Suwe is expected back in court on October  19, 2012 to continue
hearing at the Court of Appeal, Lagos Division, on  stay of execution
of the judgement of Justice Yetunde Idowu of a Lagos High Court, which
ordered the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) to pay N25
million to the actor  as compensation for detaining him  unduly  over
allegation of drug trafficking.
Culled from VANGUARD