Thursday 13 September 2012

SHOCKING REVELATION : CHARLES NOVIA OPEN UP ON FIGHT WITH OMOTOLA JOLADE

'I am very dangerous when I am cross, Omotola. By the time I am
through with you, you will be shocked what will happen to you and your
career'.
The above statement is an extract from the book written by the
prolific film maker, actor and director, Charles Novia.

Charles has poetically revealed the secret behind his fight with
Omotola Jolade-Ekeinde. 'Nollywood Till November' the book, states "As
the recording of the movie continued Omotola somehow started getting
on a lot of the crew and cast nerves.

Since this is a 'tell-it-like-it-is' book and since I am generally
known to be outspoken, I believe I have to reveal a bit of this, not
in any way to disparage her person but to be candid in my opinion.
Little unnecessary skirmishes with one person or the other became
rampant. It got to a head one day that my Production Manager, who is
usually easy-going and friendly lost his temper and came to me.

'Sir, please this will be the last time I will ever work with you if
Omotola features in your movie after this one!' he complained. I was
taking everything in my stride and trying to calm frayed nerves when a
couple of days to the end of the shoot, Omotola practically drove me
crazy. I am very calm most of the time as a person and as a movie
director but that day I blew my top!

I remember screaming at her and she was shocked at first but made the
mistake of putting up a defence. That was when I basically warned her
in a very deadly tone to be mindful of me.

Most of my crew members were shocked to see me in that mood. No one
had ever seen me like that. I remember Norbert Young, Empress and Tari
West calming me, while Ramsey sat coolly in a corner fiddling with his
phone. Omotola seeing my mood, wisely went to her car and sulked.'Who
told you to leave my set?' I bawled. 'Get back here and lets shoot!'

All this and many more filled the beautiful pages of the veteran film-maker.