Tuesday 16 October 2012

I’m not having issues with Kenny Ogungbe and Eedris. – Jaywon

Oluwajuwonlo came into the limelight courtesy that popular song,
'Fi-Le-Be'. That song made Kenny Ogungbe to sign him. Juwon, who
recently returned from a musical world tour, opened up on his life and
career to Tijani Adegbola.

Enjoy Your song is making waves currently on radio stations; could you
tell us more about it?

The title of the song is called 'Afuruginanya'. I featured Flavour in
it. Actually, the song was in my latest album. But we just need to
start promoting it. Each song has its strength. My team believes that
this is the right time we have to spread our tentacles with the song
because a lot of our fans are asking for it.

What is the secret behind you doing the song with Flavour?
I think the industry is missing Jaywon. My fans have been waiting for
the right song to dance to .

Currently, this is the song. What we are doing is to continue
spreading the song so that people would continue showing us love.

You have been on the low key since you released 'Reloaded' album, what
have you been doing?

I've been on tour. We've been travelling from one country to the
other. I was in United States of America for two months. I was in
Dallas Texas, DC and other places. I've been away.

But presently, Jaywon is back for real. I've been going from one
studio to another to record new songs. While doing that, I realized
that 'Afurumginanya' has started picking up.

A lot of your fans are accessing you to be at the same standard with
Mavin All-Star. When are you doing duet with either Wande Coal or any
artiste from Mavin Record?

I'm talking to Wande Coal about doing a song together, my fans should
just calm down. We are working on collaboration with a lot of
artistes. That of Wande Coal would still happen but not now. We are
still on it. It would come to reality.

What I'm doing now is to do something different from the regular songs.

There has been this rumour that Jaywon is having problem with Kennis Music?

Jaywon doesn't have problem with Kennis Music. I'm still a Kennis
Music artiste. I'm not having issues with Baba Keke. Kenny Ogungbe is
my father.

What about Eedris Abdulkareem?

I'm not having issues with Eedris Abdulkareem. But don't get it
twisted, Jaywon is different from Eedris Abdulkareem. Jaywon is
Jaywon. The only thing that brings us together is Kenny Ogungbe and
Kennis Music.

The song you did with your label mates, Joel and Eedris Abdulkareem,
how did you come up with that concept?

I wrote the song myself. It is an idea from the street. The video was
directed by Skills of former JJC Squad. Joel and Eedris did a
fantastic job on it.

What has been the strength bringing Joel, Goldie, Minjin, Essence,
Eedris and KSB together as a family under Kenny Ogungbe?

It is something that is not very easy. I mean, to start living with
people that you don't share father and mother with; and you keep the
relationship like a family. We have a good
father, Kenny Ogungbe who advises us a lot. He made us to realize that
the best thing that would make us grow is to stay together as one.

Ladies always die to date you, could you tell us your life with women generally?

I would be deceiving everyone if I say I don't have a lady. I have a
girlfriend. But if I say I don't have any girl, I'm just deceiving
you.

Source: Global Excellence Magazine