Friday 2 November 2012

Bollywood King ; Shahrukh Khan turns 47 today

As Shahrukh Khan turns 47 today, we cherry-pick quotes from the
superstar that have inspired us, made us grin and helped us discover a
different dimension of his personality

Born on November 2, 1965, Shahrukh Khan is also known as the 'Badshah
of Bollywood'.

And if you are one of those hardcore Shahrukh Khan fans who stops
surfing TV channels whenever he appears onscreen and listens to his
interviews with rapt attention, you
must have noticed that the actor has the habit contradicting him at
every given point- and we find that very endearing.

Substantiating our opinions, the actor himself said in an interview
that 'We aren't human if we don't contradict ourselves'. So if he
claims to be a luxury freak in one interview, in the very next confab
don't be surprised if you hear him claiming that the finer things in
life don't matter
to him much.

Khan makes you discover something interesting about him every time he
opens his mouth. And since his wit, his presence of mind and his
quirky perspective form such an integralp part of his personality, we
thought that extracting cool quotes by Khan from diverse places – from
websites to tabloids – would be the best way to celebrate his
birthday.

Read on…

Fame and love is a gift from God
and for that reason alone
I feel rich than 10 Bill Gates put together
But at the end of it all, you come to
Bombay, and there's a side of you
that nobody's seen. People now say,
he's stylish, intelligent, etc. Nobody
sees that basically I'm quite a
cheapster from Delhi.

Sometimes girls say they like me. I
don't know what to say, so before
she thinks I'm foolish or asexual, I
just say something funny. The best
way to kill romance is to joke.

I don't mind people criticising my
films. But when things get personal, I
don't like it. I know for every 50
people in the industry who don't like
my film for personal reasons, there
are 30 million people out there who
love it.

There are times I feel extremely
lonely and talking to my dogs seems
the only option Age is not my forte either. I still
cannot fix my own – am I 45 or 15?

If I could, would I be romancing girls
one third my age who normally
would call me 'Uncle'?

I momentarily lose my ability to give
up and close up. And here's where
the trick is – when you are in this
place of despair, where the world is
staring you down into yourself,
there's only one thing you can do to
survive: hang on to who you are
inside.

For someone who doesn't even like
love stories, I've played an awful lot
of lovers.

I don't like the trappings of stardom.
I wear the shoes and the Dolce &
Gabbana because I am told to. But I
am not trapped by it.

I am very shy. If I am flying British
Airways and the airhostess asks me
two questions, and I don't
understand her accent – I will go
hungry for the entire flight.

I believe in having long lasting
relationships. So you see, I'm still
with Gauri. These relationships,
according to me, cannot be changed,
off and on. I belong to the middle
class thought of school and I am
happy with my Gauri.