Saturday 17 November 2012

''Diamonds'' crooner Rihanna's 777 Tour Takes on Stockholm!

Day three! Following Rihanna's tour kick-off in Mexico City, the
sultry singer pressed on with the celebration of her seventh album,
Unapologetic, getting closer to knocking out seven performances in
seven countries in seven days. E! News, along with 200 other
journalists, have been along for the ride with the "Diamonds" crooner
on her whirlwind world tour, this time accompanying the star to her
concert in Sweden.

When we arrived in Stockholm at 3:40 p.m., it was already dark
outside! Most people had slept on the plane from Toronto, so it felt
like dawn instead of dusk. Rihanna was scheduled to begin at 9 p.m.,
but she didn't take the stage until 11:40 p.m.--over two and a half
hours late. "I know I'm a little late so I first want to apologize for
all the inconvenience," Rihanna told the crowd.

"I want to thank you for being the shit and so patient with me and
being still this excited." "I can't believe I'm back here this
quickly. I must apologize. You guys make me feel so special," Rihanna
continued, before singing "Only Girl." The GQ Magazine cover girl
stepped on stage wearing white Chanel oversized glasses and a huge
gold Chanel chain, and a denim jacket--which she quickly took off
because of the heat. The venue was a gorgeous older building, the
classiest of the trip so far.

Unlike Mexico City and Toronto, the crowd was a bit older, but they
enjoyed Rihanna just as much. It was packed inside and very warm.
Rihanna had to towel off twice, and you could still see her sweating
through her shirt. But it didn't faze her at all. She also definitely
wasn't wearing a bra...but that's a different story. Rihanna went on
to perform her new song, "Stay," for only the second time ever live
(the first time was on SNL).

Before she started the song, she said to the crowd, "This is only my
second time performing it so forgive me if I forget the lyrics." She
sang the slow ballad beautifully, and ended the show on a more upbeat
note, with "We Found Love." After the show, Rihanna joined the
journalists and VIPs at the after-party and poured cocktails and shots
for people. She was having a great time. Near the end of it, around
4:30 a.m., she took a swig of something and said, "I quit!"

It's baffling how she does all of this every day (and night).
"Stockholm thank you, I love you so much! I think I'm gonna spend the
night with you guys!! Paris, I'll see you tomorrow tho #777tour,"
Rihanna tweeted following the festivities. Off to the city of love!