Tuesday 27 November 2012

Joseph Benjamin - "I never said I married my wife out of pity" Replies Critics

What Joseph Benjamin told Bella Naija in the Interview Recently !!

What really happened in his marriage? "I was married for 8 years. It
was a rather odd situation at that time. She got pregnant and I didn't
want to have a child out of wedlock and so I married her so we could
build a home together, even though we had given birth to the first
child.


Things weren't rosy then, but I believed it was the right thing to do
for the sake of the child. I overlooked my own personal desires, I
just wanted to do right. Our second child came and I stood by my
family like I always have; but no one is perfect, we had our issues –
the crisis persisted but we stayed because of the kids.


But you never make that kind of decision because if the parents are
not happy together then the children suffer." "I'll also like to
correct a misconception – she is not older than me, and she wasn't
taking care of my financial needs as people have insinuated.


We were both starting off in life on the same grounds – no one was exploited."