Saturday 24 November 2012

Lampard and Cole Must leave – Benitez

New interim Chelsea manager, Rafael Benitez, has confirmed that both
Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole, will leave Stamford Bridge in the
summer.


The English pair have been linked with moves away from London for
sometime. And although Benitez insisted he will only be involved in
contract negotiations, if his short-term contract is extended, he made
it clear they were close to the door.


"I think so," he said in the Guardian. "I don't have all the
information and it's not fair to tell me I'm only here for seven
months and then expect me to have an influence at the club over the
next two or three years, but I think that's the
case at the moment."


Lampard is rumoured to be in talks with a number of clubs in China and
the MLS, while Cole is being linked with a move to Ligue 1 club, Paris
Saint Germain.