Wednesday 14 November 2012

Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde becomes the first movie star to be awarded BEFFTA FILM ICON Award

Top movie star Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde picked her BEFFTA FILM ICON
award at a private presentation at London's leading film studios East
End Studios.

Speaking to the press in London, the star expressed her gratitude for
being honoured with such a high profile award.

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has become the first movie star to be awarded
with the special BEFFTA honorary award in the film category, other
high profile personalities who received BEFFTA special award this year
include Sir Trevor McDonald OBE recipient of BEFFTA LIFETIME
ACHIEVEMENT award.

The humanitarian and Amnesty international activist said, "this is the
best award I have received on a global level, it is such an honour and
I'm truly humbled that 16 years of my work in the film industry has
been rewarded in a special way internationally. There are so many
people to thank for bringing me to this level, special thanks goes to
my husband for always being there, everyone that I have worked with
but most importantly my fans. I love my fans so much, they are very
supportive".

BEFFTA founder Pauline Long commended Omotola for her contribution to
the film industry but also for her great charitable work.

The BEFFTA FILM ICON award was presented to Omotola by PR guru
Theodora Ibekwe in the presence of London press and invited guests.