Thursday 22 November 2012

Rafa Benitez - "I can guarantee that a lot of Liverpool fans will wish me Well ''

"I am here because I want to be here, at a massive club that allows me
to fight for trophies," he said speaking at his first Chelsea press
conference.



"I don't care about short term. At this moment I am here - I got the
job. I have more desire and hunger to win trophies than before." The
coach denies disrespecting the Stamford
Bridge club while in charge of Liverpool, suggesting any fan would
want to see their manager defending the club: "We were playing against
Chelsea in the semifinals of the
Champions League. If I was a fan I'd like to see my manager fighting to win.


"I don't see this as a lack of respect, I think it's defending my club
[at the time]. Everyone has to do what they have to do." Benitez said
former boss Di Matteo did a "great job" after winning the Champions
League and FA Cup after taking over from Andre Villas-Boas last
season, but suggested winning is the only guarantee in football.


He continued: "Di Matteo was doing a great job, but you can win your
game and still be out. "It's very simple. Winning games is a guarantee
for everything. Winning games in a row means winning trophies. We have
five competitions, five opportunities to do well."

"I can guarantee that a lot of Liverpool fans will wish me all the
best - not against Liverpool - but they will wish me all the best," he
added.