Friday 21 December 2012

Iyanya -“I’m married to music, I don't have time for Yvonne Nelson & Tonto Dikeh

Recently, Iyanya, has been romantically linked with actresses Tonto
Dikeh and Yvonne Nelson. In an interview with Hiphop World Magazine,
he clears the air on this and also talks about his upcoming album.
Full Interview:


HHW : You recently broke a record. Was it an African record, world
record? Tell us about it
Iyanya : The caller tunes record was for Africa. First artist to reach
3million caller tunes downloads. I'm thankful to God, to the fans. You
know you can do a whole lot with N50, even if it's to buy pure water,
it's something. But 3million people downloaded my song and I really
appreciate it, I'm thankful.


HHW : When you recorded the song did you see all this coming?
Iyanya : I didn't see it man. I didn't see close to 5million YouTube
hits. There's a whole lot of things that people don't know yet that
they will know about 'Kukere'. It's unfolding by the day. I didn't see
it. When I recorded that song, I had a grand in my pocket and I was
screaming 'I get money oooh'. So it's just a blessing.


HHW : And we heard Mtech brought a cheque to you. Do you want to share?
Iyanya : No I can't do that. I got a cheque though. Big ups to M-tech.
HHW : So the whole issue of Yvone Nelson, Iyanya, Tonto Dikeh and
probably a Tiwa Savage in the mix
Iyanya : Whaaat!


HHW : You heard, you saw the tweets?
Iyanya : Yeah I saw the tweets. First of all I need people to
understand that blogs will write they have to write so they can get
hits. There's a price to pay for fame. People have access to you, they
can say anything about you. But I just want people to know, before
they say a word, do not forget that I have not said anything. I have
not told you that I'm dating A or dating B. On this interview, I
repeat that I am a single guy married to my music and my hustle. I'm
too young for all that, I'm just young and getting it right now.


I remember very well that I made it clear that I'm friends with these
mentioned people. I am not dating anybody, and I am not dating anybody
aswe speak. If you check my tweets, my TL, you'll see that I refused
to say anything about it o reply. I appreciate all the love that I
get, but I just want to say something, most of the things that you see
on Twitter, Facebook, that you check on blogs and all that. Sometimes,
it's just buzz.


IVD is just Iyanya, Desire. R&B, Pop. Iyanya is a musician that's a
hustler. Desire is the guy that says how he feels.