Monday 10 December 2012

2face Idibia - ‘Why I had a secret wedding’

On Wednesday, May 2, 2012, the couple wedded secretly, keeping the
most anticipated celebrity wedding of 2012 as low key as possible, by
making it a strictly family affair.
The registry ceremony was attended by only close family members,
including the parents of the bride and groom.


2face confirmed the news two days later on his Twitter page: 'Hello
beautiful pple of the republic! It is true! It is official! Annie and
I r legally married! Thanx 4 your support and best wishes' he wrote.


But he never gave a reason as to why they kept it all hush-hush. Now,
the 37 year old pop icon has finally come out to tell us why.


In an interview with Peter Thomas of The Punch, 2face said it was one
of the 'toughest decisions of his life.'


'Annie is my first and true love. I had known her before I met the
other women in my life. As a Christian, I had to marry one woman and
it just had to be Annie. We had a secret wedding after we had reached
an agreement and amicable understanding about the mothers of my
children. It was a tough decision to make, one of the toughest in my
life'.
And as to why he had a secret wedding, he explained that it was
because he didn't want to hurt his other baby mothers' feelings:


'I secretly married her because I have so much respect for my other
babies' mothers; I cannot afford to hurt their feelings with a sudden
society wedding with Annie, not now. I chose her above the others
because she has been through it all with me.'


2face has fathered six children with three different women; Two from
Sunmbo Ajaba, three from Pero Adeniyi, and one with his wife Annie.